Interested in getting involved with the planning of our summits? See below for different opportunities!
The Working Group for each Summit is made up of diverse leaders in the field of creative placemaking within the designated summit region. The purpose of this committee is to help inform, influence, review, and revise decisions made by the Executive Committee (see below).
The commitment involves participating in a survey, three calls, and an RFP review. Each call will be followed up with an e-mail of the meeting minutes, and working group members are also welcome to contribute to the discussion via e-mail and Google Docs.
Apply now or contact email@example.com for more details
HELP MAKE THE SUMMITS MEMORABLE
Looking to help out with our summits on the day-of? We're always looking for extra hands to help with registration, room checks, helping folks navigate, and more! Discounts and other perks may be made available based on the event and availability.
Contact our Community Director, Andrea Orlando
HOST A SUMMIT
We're always looking for new and exciting places to host the Creative Placemaking Leadership Summits. We're currently planning years in advance, so we are always looking for ideas on where these Summits can take place. See below for some preliminary requirements for the host city/town. If you're interested, fill out the form below and we will get back to you soon to talk about any possibilities and next steps.
This is a rolling application (i.e., there is no deadline). NCCP will choose host communities and general dates (month and year) based on several factors:
-How close the proposed city is to the site of recent Summit
-How quickly the host team can generate funds or in-kind support for the Summit
-Whether the proposed city will be considered for a regional Summit or a national Summit. National Summits are offered in November and typically take place in cities with metropolitan areas of at least 2 million people.
NCCP will respond to your request within 60 days. If your city is considered for a Summit, you may be asked to host a one-day site visit by NCCP. (Typical cost $500 - $1,500.)
To be eligible to host a Summit, your team must include at least one representative of a city agency, and a local arts council or major cultural institution (The more types of organizations your team has, the better.)
Your community must have a venue with...
- Plenary space that accommodates 300 people
- A building or set of buildings which can provide up to 5 breakout rooms
- AV included in each room
- Team for clean-up/set-up
- Security to watch rooms overnight
- If venue is not a hotel: required hotel within a quarter mile of the conference site, ideally with a complimentary shuttle to the venue.
- Venue located in local, active downtown
- Opportunities for participants to engage with/experience local art and artists
- One or more examples of successful creative placemaking activities/locations to incorporate into the Summit agenda
- Location with a 45-min drive or public transportation from a major airport is preferred
The host(s) should...
- Help develop a welcome reception with local entertainment, food, and an arts-centric meeting venue
- Secure about $10,000 in sponsorships for the event (can include in-kind donations)
- Generate registration within local networks
- Help develop field workshop applications